Massachusetts College of Art and Design – Boston, MA
Director of Client Services, 2016 – Present
- Direct all facets of IT Service Management activities and portfolio, budget, and staff within the organization.
- Assist CIO and Information Security Officer on the development and configuration of information security protocols in adherence to the college information security policy, local, state, federal compliance and regulatory requirements, along with other information security best standards and practices.
- Manage desktop, laptop, and peripherals during the entire equipment life-cycle. From capital and operational budget planning and replacement schedules, to deployment and endpoint management and protection, to final decommissioning and disposal.
- Serve as the application administrator for help desk ticketing, wiki, and check-out software packages.
- Assist technology staff and other departments in broadening institutional knowledge bases and service catalogs.
- Manage the operations of the ‘Tech Central’ check-out facility and equipment.
- Member of the Directors Plus, Search Advisors, and Technology Leadership committees focused on formulating and enforcing strategic initiatives, policies, processes and procedures for the campus community and partners.
- Recipient of the inaugural Service Excellence Award introduced FY2018.
- Spearheaded the replacement of a hardware voice mail solution to a modern VM solution, increasing redundancy and allowing for backup and retention of messages.
- Developed help desk staff by successfully transitioning from a student-run help desk with three technology coordinators and contractors, to an organization with a dedicated manager and full-time technicians and deployment team.
- Updated lab imaging processes to allow for more frequent and timely upgrades to instructional software.
- Worked with administrators and technology teams on the successful switch from a cable television solution to a modernized, streaming solution.
- Reduced cost of call center operations by 31% over two years, while increasing customer satisfaction.
Clarkson University – Potsdam, NY
Managing Director of IT Operations, 2013-2015
- Directed the daily activity of Clarkson’s networking, system administration, audio-video, desktop, and help desk operations.
- Developed staff members to ensure effective and efficient operations of services within the university.
- Responsible for the success of special event AV support, including rendering additional video production and live-streaming services for convocation, commencement, and other high-profile campus events.
- Direct the deployment and maintenance of desktop, laptop, printing, and audio-video equipment throughout campus and satellite campuses.
- Assist CIO with capital planning for new constructions and renovations.
- Facilitated the campus-wide migration from Microsoft Outlook and Exchange to Google Apps for Education.
- Directed the successful selection, design, deployment and maintenance of EMS scheduling software.
- Successful upgrade of core network, allowing the delivery of higher-speed WiFi to six residence halls and four theme houses.
- Provided continuous operations during the relocation of services to a N+1 green data and colocation facility in the newly renovated Old Main.
- Upgraded 8 multimedia classrooms for distance learning and lecture capture.
Lincoln University – Lincoln University, PA
IT Project Manager, 2009-2013
- Set strategic direction to the acquisition and installation of all furniture, fixtures, and equipment for newly renovated buildings by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, while coordinating with faculty, staff, and administration regarding all building and equipment requirements.
- Handled the transformation of requirements into actionable tasks for project staff and vendors.
- Monitored and generated accurate reports on project status through best practice methodology and software tools.
- Spearheaded the installation of a high-definition video production network that connected two television studios, the campus theatre, executive board room, student union cinema, and a 1,000-seat auditorium.
- Ensured the proper design and establishment of 64 smart and 7 distance learning classrooms, along with multi-purpose rooms, lounges, and an interactive flexible learning classroom.
- Administered the combined furniture, fixtures and equipment budget of approximately $36M.
- Only non-cabinet member of the Campus Planning and Space Planning teams.
- Served as an integral part of the successful construction and inaugural of the Nelson Center for the Sciences and the International Cultural Center.
- Served as the technology lead for the renovations of Ware Center, Grim Hall, Wright Hall, John Miller Dickey Hall, Athletic Stadium, Student Union Building, Wellness Center, and the Langston Hughes Memorial Library.
Beloit College – Beloit, WI
Assistant Director of User Support, 2006-2008
- Direct the Help Desk, Technical Shop, Computer Lab Management, Audio-Video, and Instructional Technology operations for the College.
- Managed the purchase, receipt, installation and upgrade of software, desktop, and audio-visual technologies for campus offices, computer labs, classrooms, and public spaces.
- Liaison with Human Resources on personnel issues, including advertising open positions and recruiting employee, managing Search committees, and negotiating offers, salaries, and wages.
- Participated on the Administrative Council.
- Established three new multimedia classrooms to support for academic programs and students.
- Implemented a “Mediated Technology Space” in the library that offered training and access on a variety of cutting-edge technologies for students and faculty.
- Improved customer satisfaction over back-to-back MISO Surveys.
- Deployed new imaging methodology for classroom and computer labs, which minimized turnaround time for updates and replacements.
- Contributed in development of new Center for the Sciences facility, valuing at $40M in close coordination with faculty and staff to determine specific needs, document specifications, and design technology solutions.
Vendor Team Services – Mooresville, NC
Wake Forest University – Winston-Salem, NC
Computer Support Consultant I, -II, -III, 1998-2005
Master of Business Administration, 2003
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 1998
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC